Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Young Marriages

I have been watching a few things over the last few months. One thing that I have noticed is that people are getting married younger and younger. I don't understand why would anyone want to get married so young. I realized as a child yea I wanted to get married and have that fairy tale day....until I was a teenager. I realized that I really didn't want to spend the rest of my life with one person starting off that young. I am also not promiscuous as other people are. I just feel that I should be out of my twenties before I decided that this one person is mine. It has to be 90% of those marriages have to fail. That is time you cannot get back and things that you have done you may never forget bad or good. There are obviously some good things but there is no way the good out weighs the bad.
I found out that my little sister is pregnant or rather just gave birth and she is under the age of 20. I don't know how it happened because we live apart now but I know we were raised the same until the end. She lost a lot that I tried to give her back but was too late. Now her life is gone. When I see things like this it upsets me and I see just another statistic. At some point there is going to be that thought of regret. My mother told me once when I was little that she wished she had had that abortion b/c she wasn't able to go on with her life the way she planned. Years later once she saw who I was as a person she apologized and was happy that she had me. She realized that she had lost 15 years of her life but gained someone special out of it. Before she passed we had mended out relationship and were friends. What happens when that person isn't a child? She had still had that thought. Marriages are already failing with adults why are children doing it now??
I just had a thought. I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment